Bachelor of Applied Science—Information Technology: Application Development (BAS-IT: AD)
The Bachelor of Applied Science in Information Technology: Application Development (BAS-IT: AD) program has been designed to ensure graduates have a strong technical foundation in application and software development.
Students are prepared to work in teams as application developers and designers, to manage IT projects, and to prepare software documentation.
• Six quarters of classes
• Three classes (15 credits) per quarter
• No summer classes
• BAS-IT: AD Ed Plan (pdf)
How to Apply
A new BAS-IT: AD cohort starts every September.
Priority Applications for the fall 2017 cohort will be accepted from Feb. 1-March. 15
Download the BAS Application Packet (pdf) and BAS-IT: AD Handbook (pdf) for dates and important details.
To keep updated on Centralia College BAS application information please sign up for email alerts.
Associate (two-year) or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
Proof of completing 10 or more lower division credits in programing languages with a minimum 2.0 grade in each course.
The courses below can be included in the two-year degree or during the bachelor’s program (in addition to the required courses). Students who have completed the requirements at the time of application will receive preferred entrance consideration.
- English 101 - English Composition (5 credits)
- Math& 141 Pre Calculus I, Math 118 Linear Algebra, or Math-Discrete Structures (5 credits)
- CMST& 220 Public Speaking (5 credits)
- Social Science – Any 100 level or above course with a Social Science (SS) distribution
- Natural Science - Any 100-level or above course with a Natural Science (NS) distribution and lab
- Five additional credits that meet General Education requirements
Tuition and Fees
The State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) sets the tuition rate.
For the current year's tuition rate, see Tuition & Fees—Applied Baccalaureate Degree Program. There will be additional lab fees for BAS-IT: AD students.
The cost of room and board would be additional.
For information on applying for financial aid, see Financial Aid.
Apply between March 6–April 1 for the 2017 BAS Scholarship.
Scholarship applicants must have a current and complete financial aid file.